Thursday, June 16, 2016

Disney's Tangled [Themed Dinner]


"Frying pans! Who knew, right?" - Flynn Rider (Eugene Fitzherbert)

This is probably one of my favorite menus. The food was delicious, I absolutely adore the film, and the food is totally photogenic. I was very proud with how this all worked together. Chicken and pasta always works together, in my world anyway.

For this menu, I wanted everything to be cooked in cast iron skillets. Why? Um, because it's Rapunzel's weapon of choice. So more so than the food I was focused on the presentation. So I went to pinterest, and I was pleased with what came together.

For the main dish I did braised chicken with orange and scallions. This meal is super yummy and we make it now when we want to feel fancy, but it's really easy. you start off on the stove top and finish in the oven. Like I said, super easy.

Like I said, it's very photogenic when it comes out of the oven. So much so that I HAD to get my camera out and make sure to do it justice. No point and shoot or camera phone for this one. Nope. This is red carpet worthy in my book!

For the side dish, I chose an angel hair pasta dish (also cooked in a cast iron skillet). After all, Rapunzel's hair is her most known feature, right? I found the recipe, and it called for walnuts. My mom hates walnuts (which is weird, she's from Northern California, that's like one of their big crops). So I tweaked it and instead of walnuts we went with pecans (which I don't like). I don't think it made too big a difference.

Again, it is a photogenic food, so I was very happy to get a few shots.


Dessert I went with a cobbler. We do a lot of apple dishes when Disney is concerned. Not exactly sure why that is... maybe because I LOVE all things apple (except the technology company. Not an Apple fan). Presentation is everything, so it was baked in the skillet as well. It came out looking pretty good, but meh. I think I was just done with the whole cobbler thing by this point. Still, this was by far one of the award winning themed dinners.

Here are the links for the recipes used to create the menu:
Braised Chicken with Orange and Scallions
Angel Hair with Walnuts
Rustic Apple Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment