Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Coming Attraction: Planes 2

Once again I am horrible at keeping this blog going. Hopefully with my kick starting our family's monthly countdown to Disneyland I can make this happen.

Saturday I will be kicking off our movie dinner countdown with Planes 2. Since we are going to Disneyland this time and not Disney World, I've decided to go with movies and menus that fit particular parts of Disneyland and California Adventure. While Planes 2 takes place in an area that looks more like Yellowstone, it definitely also fits the Northern California feel of Grizzly Peak in California Adventure.

I'll be honest, I am not a fan of the Planes movies. I own both of them because I have this weird need to have all of the Disney animated films, but other than that I just feel like they are spin offs of Cars and at best should've just been released to DVD. There are a lot of iffy things with the second film (mainly the stalker behavior of Dipper) that are off putting.

So why am I going with this and not Brother Bear? Partially because we've already done Brother Bear, but also because I wanted to do a theme focusing on Corn (and Pocahontas just doesn't fit the Disneyland Resort IMO). So we're going to have corn fritters, a corn salad, corn chowder, and a cornbread strawberry shortcake... corny I know. But then so is the movie. ;)

So check back hopefully on Sunday and I'll have photos and recipes and what went wrong and all that jazz.

I've got 4 more months to do menus... what movies do you think fit Disneyland? Help me decide what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment